Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Frugal is the new "Black"

I heard this quote a few weeks ago during an interview National Public Radio, and I thought it was such a classic phrase - especially given the financial state our country is in now.

Well, I was quickly reminded by this phrase when tonight I came home to relatively bare cupboards.  But, instead of going out to buy dinner or a few other wish-things I thought of (get pedicure, get car washed, buy new undies), I stayed home.  I thought, "I shouldn't be spending money."  

Do all future brides go through this? And how long does it last?  I know, I know...it's important to save and to think twice before splurging.  Especially given the....recession (there, i said it!) we are in.  

But, I still feel a bit saddened that my toes are left un-pampered and my white car has been taking on a shade of light grey.....

1 comment:

  1. Yes, while we were planning our wedding, I did not go shopping. At all. Unless I NEEDED something - the temptation was too great. And we needed to save our money. Also, like you, I did tons of research on the internet about different things before I would buy anything for the wedding.

    What's really sad, though, is that now that the wedding's over, I still feel guilty spending any money!! I mean, we're still on a budget, but I think the whole feeling the need to save may last a while. Which is not a bad thing.... ;-)

    ReplyDelete