Tuesday, December 16, 2008

happy dreams and weird days

So, I woke up this morning with a big smile on my face. And, no it's not why you are thinking! (I was sleeping alone last night!) But, I did have a pleasant dream....about...wedding colors :) It was so pleasant and serene...and, well, it just made me happy!

Of course that feeling didn't last too long...as I realized I was running late for work. So, of course I did get in late. And apparently the BIG BIG BOSS MAN was looking for something for a 9am meeting. YIKES! Needless to say, I was not a very happy camper until about lunch!!

Well, tonight is the office holiday party. Honestly, I wish I didn't have to go. I am just not in the mood! Big J will be meeting me and we will go together. I guess it will be okay....this is the first time the office staff meets Big J. Uggghhh. I can only imagine what questions they will ask.

Just as an FYI - I have been in this job for a little over 11 months, and I feel so antisocial. Which is strange, because my last two jobs I was very social -- and still got my work done. I am thinking I am still adjusting, so we will see. We moved offices about 3x since I started, so I think that has an effect on my office vibe and environment.

But, good news, we are officially settled in our new offices (they were being created for us). Soooo....I guess now is the perfect time to start being more social. THANK GOODNESS BIG J IS COMING. I am so impressed at how good he is at small talk and stuff sometimes!

Alrighty, wish me luck. I hope I am not the first one going to the wine bottle! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Wish I had serene dreams about wedding flowers! Mine consist of the cake sliding off the table, the venue catching fire, and discovering that someone decked the space out in multi-colored BALLOONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am sure my dreams are serene now because we have not booked ANY VENDORS yet. So, I am still in that totally niave state...you know before you are snapped back to reality and your credit card statement is staring you in the face...

    But for now, it's all good...and I hope your crazy dreams stop. OMG - multicolored balloons!!! I think I would SCREAM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those kinds of dreams! Lately, Ive been dreaming about my cell phone turning into damask....not sure what that's all about.

    ReplyDelete